POST-DOC RESEARCH ENGINEER for NCN project in Organic/Polymer Chemistry (Functional Macromolecules Research Group)
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centers – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
POST-DOC RESEARCH ENGINEER for NCN project
(Functional Macromolecules Research Group)
Location: Wroclaw, Poland
Interested in research projects that aim to push the boundaries of polymer science? Our science matters – in Functional Macromolecules Lab, we investigate sequence-defined polymers towards new applications in complex materials. We take an advantage of monomer sequence programmability to induce life-like functions into synthetic macromolecules. It was demonstrated that DNA function – information storage, can be performed by sequence-ordered polymer materials. However, to reach for more sophisticated functions as displayed by natural proteins the knowledge gap on polymers folding has to be filled
More information about activity of Functional Macromolecules Research Group: https://szwedalab.com
To implement research tasks on synthesis and characterization of macromolecules within research scope of ConFold project, financed by National Science Center (NCN)
- A PhD degree in Chemistry or related and interest in organic/polymer chemistry
- Proficiency in English and team player attribute
- Experience in organic preparative synthesis, and characterization techniques (chromatography, NMR, MS, IR and CD)
- Knowledge of foldamers and structure simulations will be a plus
- Pleasure in experimental work and high level of creativity, problem solving
The candidate must meet the requirements of NCN project Regulations, particularly:
- The candidate must be a person starting their research career which means he/she obtained a doctoral degree not earlier than 7 years before the year of starting the employment in the project. This period does not include breaks related to maternity leave, paternity leave, parental leave or period of receiving sickness/rehabilitation allowance
- A person employed in post-doc role for NCN project cannot receive remuneration from another NCN project fund nor be employed under an employment contract with another employer.
- Fixed-time contract with option of further extension
- Excellent research infrastructure, modern and well-equipped laboratories
- Strong collaboration with national and international industries
- Friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment
- Social benefits: co-financing of private medical care, sport activities, etc.
- 36 days of annual leave
Please send your CV and half-page cover letter.
April 3rd , 2023
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.org.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.