POSTDOC (Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience)
Łukasiewicz – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centers – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Currently we are looking for:
POSTDOC (Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience)
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Ref. no. PD/GBBA/2023/1
The position is available in the Group of Astrocytes Biology, led by Dr. Michał Ślęzak. We are a part of dynamically growing Center of Life Sciences and Biotechnology. We focus on neurobiology of psychiatric disorders. Our multidisciplinary research aims to identify cell-autonomous pathways for better understanding of trait-specific neuropathologies. We are strongly driven by the concept of translation research which ultimately shall lead to identification and validation of novel therapeutical targets. For this purpose, we are employing state-of-the-art technologies, such as targeted genetic manipulation (viral vectors, Cre/lox, CRISPR), live structural and functional imaging in vitro and in vivo, automated analysis of mouse behavior and multiomics data analysis. Our team has received numerous national and international grants and developed collaborations with leading neuroscience institutes (e.g. MPI for Psychiatry in Munich; Paris Brain Institute; Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam) and big pharma (e.g. Boehringer Ingelheim).
The position is open within the frame of a joint grant in consortium with Inst. Pharmacology PAS, led by dr M. Korostyński. In this project, we will combine wet lab work (Ślęzak team) and computational approaches (Korostyński team) to deepen the understanding of transcriptional and metabolic networks regulated by glucocorticoid receptor with cell-type specific resolution, in the context of human genetics.
We are looking for an enthusiastic researcher with extensive hands-on expertise in working with iPSCs, their genetic manipulation and differentiation to various neural cell lineages. The candidate should have a strong record of scientific publications and be capable of working independently. Previous experience in exploring molecular pathways related to cell metabolism will be an additional asset.
• Maintenance and propagation of iPSC lines;
• Implementation of protocols of iPSCs differentiation towards neural and glial lineages;
• Data analysis, interpretation, visualization and integration;
• Keeping an industry-standard work documentation;
• Staying up to date with the recent achievements of the field;
• Preparation of scientific articles and conference presentations;
• Active contribution to collaborative project across teams within our Center, as well as joined initiatives with external academic and industrial partners.
• PhD (or last year of PhD school) in in the area of cell biology, developmental biology, neuroscience or related discipline;
• Hands-on experience in maintenance and characterization of iPSCs;
• Hands-on experience in protocols of differentiation of iPSC to various cell types;
• Very good work organization skills;
• Experienced to work in interdisciplinary teams;
• Excellent communication skills in English.
Additional preferred skills:
• Functional studies in cell-based systems (knowledge of metabolic assays is an advantage);
• Genetic manipulation in cell systems (transfection, viral vectors, CRISPR/Cas9);
• Immunocytochemistry and quantitative image analysis;
• Molecular biology techniques (cloning, qPCR, Western blot).
• Full-time employment on the position of Chef Specialist- Senior Research Engineer;
• Friendly environment of passionate researchers open for inspiring interactions and ready to help;
• Scientific and organizational support;
• Active exchange with broad network of international collaborators within academia and industry;
• Co-financing for private medical care;
• Co-financing for a sports card;
• Possibility to join group life insurance;
• Co-financing under the Social Benefits Fund (for holidays and Christmas);
• Work on the territory of a green science campus;
• Free parking space;
• Additional 10 days of paid leave for employees of the research division holding the title PhD.
Candidates are requested to submit:
• 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team;
• Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, a record of publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions;
• 1-2 reference letters.
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: 31.03.2023
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.