Łukasiewicz – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centers – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Currently we are looking for:
POSTDOC POSITION IN MATERIALS SCIENCE
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Ref. no. PD/MS/2023
Postdoc position in developing of ultrathin piezoelectric transition metal membranes.
The selected candidate will be dedicated to work in OPUS NCN Project, UMO-2021/41/B/ST5/04328: “Ultrathin piezoelectric transition metal compounds with defined oxygen and chalcogen content”.
- Implementation of research tasks related to the project;
- Collaborative and independent planning, conducting of CVD growth experiments of 2D materials and other mechanical exfoliation approaches;
- Independent characterization and interpretation of research results;
- Scientific Communication of research results to other researchers in the project;
- Publishing of results in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and presentations at scientific conferences, public outreach activities.
- PhD degree in materials science/chemistry/physics or equivalent;
- Proven hands on experience and knowledge of synthesis methods of 2D-materials, preferably CVD, experience in 2D materials mechanical transfer methods;
- Research experience in characterization techniques of 2D-materials, preferably Raman Spectroscopy, SEM;
- Proven track record of publishing in peer-reviewed scientific journal as first author;
- Good command of English language (both spoken and written);
- Ability to work in teams and independently.
- Full-time employment contract for the duration of the project (24 months) on the position of Senior Specialist in Research area;
- Friendly environment of passionate researchers open for inspiring interactions and ready to help;
- Scientific and organizational support;
- Active exchange with broad network of international collaborators within academia and industry;
- Co-financing for private medical care;
- Co-financing for a sports card;
- Possibility to join group life insurance;
- Co-financing under the Social Benefits Fund (for holidays and Christmas);
- Work on the territory of a green science campus;
- Free parking space;
- Additional 10 days of paid leave for employees of the research division holding the title PhD.
Candidates are requested to submit:
- Full list of your publications;
- Electronic copy of PhD certificate/or equivalent.
Please send your resume via link:
Application deadline: 24.03.2023
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same.
I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please note that we will contact only selected candidates.