PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR Proteome Analysis in the Life Science and Biotechnology Center
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centers – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
We invite outstanding candidates to apply for a
Junior/Senior Principal Investigator
position in our Life Science & Biotechnology Center (https://port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/rd/life-sciences-biotechnology-center/). The PI position is offered to scientists conducting internationally competitive and innovative research, who wish to establish a research group. The competition is open to researchers interested in proteome analysis in the broadest sense, applicable to studying the mechanisms of disease in particular within neuroscience or oncology, including expression/functional/structural proteomics. The candidate should propose an original research program using a variety of protein analysis techniques, with particular emphasis on the use of mass spectrometry. Cutting-edge research program should have potential for application in molecular medicine and/or therapeutic biotechnology.
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts.
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral training in the broad area of biomolecular sciences, including, but not limited to areas such as molecular biology, cell biology, oncology/neuroscience or systems biology;
- Several years of international research experience, evidenced by high-level scientific achievements in leading research centers;
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills;
- Interdisciplinary training, international experience;
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g., grant applications, funds from the industry);
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Involvement in the development of MS-based proteomics platform in close collaboration with SpyLab – Spectroscopic and Spectrometric Analysis Laboratory;
- Readiness to raise funds for state-of-the-art research infrastructure.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time contract and a competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers;
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc;
- Start-up package – for setting up a research group;
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually;
- Annual research budget, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research;
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members;
- Administrative and organizational support;
- Access to the state-of-the-art equipment in Core Facilities, especially SpyLab – Mass Spectrometry (Orbitrap Exploris 480) and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (Spectrometer NMR AVANCE III HD 500, 600 or 700 MHZ (BRUKER);
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment;
- Co-financing for private medical care;
- Co-financing for a sports card;
- Possibility to join group life insurance;
- Co-financing under the Social Benefits Fund (for holidays and Christmas);
- Green science campus with free parking space;
- Excellent research facilities with modern and well-equipped laboratories;
- Strong collaboration with external partners (i.e. national and international);
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Application deadline: 31.08.2023
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.