PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR Livestock Diseases at the Center for Population Diagnostics
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serves as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-the-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centers – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
At the Center for Population Diagnostics, by bringing together high-throughput emergency diagnostics and cutting-edge research in three core areas of (1) Transmission and spread of diseases, (2) Host-pathogen interface, (3) New biomarkers and new therapies, we want to advance knowledge enabling better control of infectious diseases transmission.
Currently we are looking for an outstanding candidate to fill in the position of
in in the area of emerging infectious diseases of livestock, corelating to one of the three core areas at the Center for Population Diagnostics, with a vision to establish their own research group. We will expect the PI to develop core research of their group, with the focus on the pathogens which can pose a threat to livestock and as such influence the safety and food security of human population. The PI will have the access to the core laboratories in the Center for Population Diagnostics (Microbiology, Medical Diagnostics and BSL-3 Laboratories) and other core laboratories in the Institute (e.g. Bioimaging) and will have a chance to develop cooperation with other research groups in the Center and the Institute.
Applications will be evaluated in an open competition, by a panel involving external experts. Candidates who propose best potentially highly impactful research programmes and who have clear long-term vision for their research will be invited for the interview.
What we expect:
- PhD and post-doctoral training in the area of biology, microbiology, infectious biology, biotechnology or related area;
- Scientific achievements commensurate with the years of experience (demonstrated by publications/patents);
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g. grant applications, funds from the industry);
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills;
- International experience;
- Adaptability and flexibility at work, ability to solve problems and focus on the big picture and long-term gains;
- Excellent command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time employment on the position of Area Leader;
- Start-up package – for setting up a research group;
- Work in a scientific and research organization focused on the implementation of innovative prestigious research and development projects;
- Administrative and organizational support;
- Access to the state of the art equipment in the core facilities;
- Co-financing for private medical care;
- Co-financing for a sports card;
- Possibility to join group life insurance;
- Co-financing under the Social Benefits Fund (for holidays and Christmas);
- Work on the territory of a green science campus;
- Free parking space;
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Please, include 1-page description of proposed research plans for the next 3 years in your CV.
Application deadline: 31.10.2023
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.