PORT for Health: Oncology 2022 begins
Today in Łukasiewicz – PORT, the conference PORT for Health: Oncology 2022 (September 28-30, 2022) begins. It is a three-day event devoted to oncology and oncobiology.
The conference program consists of three main themes:
- Biological basis of cancer
- Precision therapies in oncology
- Diagnostics in oncology
Every day, from 28th to 30th September, you will find fascinating lectures by outstanding scientists, clinicians, and industry representatives from all over the world. Our online conference is the best opportunity to find out first-hand what are the research results, new ideas, and inspiration for new solutions in medical biotechnology.
Lectures in individual thematic sections will be delivered by:
Biological basis of cancer
- Piotr Donizy (Wroclaw Medical University, Poland)
- Agi Grigoriadis (King’s College London, UK)
- Lucy Yates (Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK)
- Sussane Schlisio (Karolinska Institute, Sweden)
- Bożena Kamińska-Kaczmarek (Nencki Institute, Poland)
- Małgorzata Krajewska (University College Cork, Ireland)
- Rachael Natrajan (Institute of Cancer Research, UK)
- Özdemirhan Serçin (BioMed X, Germany)
- Andrzej Dziembowski (International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland)
- Jacek Jemielity (University of Warsaw, Poland)
Precision therapies in oncology
- Gabriela Kramer-Marek (Institute of Cancer Research, UK)
- Sheeba Irshad (King’s College London, UK)
- Adrian Hayday (King’s College London, UK)
- Piotr Kowalski (University College Cork, Ireland)
- Ivano Amelio (University of Konstanz, Germany)
- Stephen Schoenberger(La Jolla Insitute for Immunology, USA)
- Richard Beatson (University College London, UK)
- Grzegorz Chodaczek (Łukasiewicz – PORT, Poland)
Diagnostics in oncology
- Tomasz Zal (Immatics, USA)
- Anita Grigoriadis (King’s College London, UK)
- Roberto Salgado (University Hospital of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Piotr Ziółkowski (Wroclaw Medical University,Poland), Krzysztof Żołtański, Andreas Pohling (Vialutions, Poland)
A satellite session Towards Excellence in Biobanking (28th of September 2022) accompanies the conference.
The event’s main organizer is the Life Science and Biotechnology Center at Łukasiewicz – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development.
Partners & Sponsors:
- Virtual Research Institute
- PERLAN Technologies Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Olympus Evident
- Central European BioForum
- Biotechnologia.pl (media patronage)
Project selected for funding by the Ministry of Education and Science under the “Excellent Science” program, module “Support for scientific conferences”. Grant application no.: DNK/SP/547342/2022.
For more information, go to the conference website.