PORT for Health: Oncology 2022 behind us
The PORT for Health: Oncology 2022 conference in Łukasiewicz – PORT is behind us. It was a unique opportunity to learn about the latest results and research trends in the field of causes and treatment of oncology diseases.
For three days (28-30/09/2022), our Institute hosted outstanding scientists, clinicians, and representatives of the pharmaceutical industry from Europe and the United States. Participants could listen to over 20 lectures devoted to research on the biological basis of cancer, precise therapies, and diagnostics in oncology. Part of the conference was a partner session of the Virtual Research Institute.
The lectures were given by:
- Piotr Donizy (Wroclaw Medical University, Poland),
- Agi Grigoriadis (King’s College London, UK),
- Lucy Yates (Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, UK),
- Sussane Schlisio (Karolinska Institute, Sweden),
- Bożena Kamińska-Kaczmarek (Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS),
- Małgorzata Krajewska (University College Cork, Ireland),
- Rachael Natrajan (Institute of Cancer Research, UK),
- Özdemirhan Serçin (BioMed X, Germany),
- Gabriela Kramer-Marek (Institute of Cancer Research, UK),
- Sheeba Irshad (King’s College London, UK),
- Adrian Hayday (King’s College London, UK),
- Richard Beatson (University College London, UK),
- Grzegorz Chodaczek (Łukasiewicz – PORT, Poland),
- Tomasz Zal (Immatics, USA),
- Anita Grigoriadis (King’s College London, UK),
- Roberto Salgado (University Hospital of Antwerp, Belgium),
- Piotr Ziółkowski (Wroclaw Medical University), Krzysztof Żółtański (Vialutions), Andreas Pohling (Vialutions).
As part of the WIB partner session, the speakers were:
- Andrzej Dziembowski (International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland), the leader of the HERO team, which implements the project selected in the first competition of the Virtual Research Institute (WIB).
- Jacek Jemielity (University of Warsaw, Poland), the member of the HERO team,
- Piotr Kowalski (University College Cork, Ireland),
- Stephen Schoenberger (La Jolla Insitute for Immunology, USA),
PORT for Health: Oncology 2022 was a hybrid event. We realized over 20 hours of live streaming for online participants.
The conference was accompanied by a satellite session entitled “Towards Excellence in Biobanking“.
We thank the partners and sponsors who supported the organization of the event:
- Virtual Research Institute,
- PERLAN Technologies Polska Sp. z o.o.,
- Olympus Evident,
- Central European BioForum.
For more information about the conference, go here.
Project selected for funding by the Ministry of Education and Science under the “Excellent Science” program, module “Support for scientific conferences.”. Grant application no.: DNK/SP/547342/2022.