The first WIB competition
The highest assessment by experts and recommendation for funding in the first competition of the Virtual Research Institute received the project “Horizon of Excellence in Matrix RNA Applications in ImmunoOncology [HERO]”.
On January 17, at the headquarters of Łukasiewicz – PORT, an agreement on the financing of the Research Team was signed. The financing value is nearly PLN 70 million.
The project aims to develop a highly effective therapeutic mRNA technology and its application in cancer immunotherapy. The project received the highest evaluation from experts mainly due to its high scientific value and high commercialization potential of the expected results – mRNA technology is currently one of the most innovative directions in the pharmaceutical industry. The competencies of the team members, who have achieved numerous scientific successes and significant achievements in commercialization, were also highly rated.
The research project will be carried out by scientists from a consortium of four leading Polish research units. The Research Team consists of:
- Prof. Andrzej Dziembowski – Research Team Leader / International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB)
- Prof. Marcin Nowotny / International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB)
- Prof. Marta Miączyńska / International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB)
- Prof. Jacek Jemielity / University of Warsaw
- Prof. Joanna Kowalska / University of Warsaw
- Prof. Robert Hołyst / Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Jakub Gołąb / Medical University of Warsaw (MUW)
- Prof. Dominika Nowis, MD / Medical University of Warsaw (MUW)
We kindly recommend you to get familiar with rules of the second WIB competition on the Program website. The call for applications will last until the end of September 2022.