PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR Biodegradable Polymers at Materials Science & Engineering Center
Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a Research Institute within the Łukasiewicz Research Network. It focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research, which, in turn, serve as a basis for innovative solutions for the industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide capacity for the most advanced research. Our Institute consists of three research centres – Life Sciences & Biotechnology Center, Materials Science & Engineering Center and Center for Population Diagnostics, with access to specialized core laboratories – a combination, which allows to carry out both, scientific research and pilot studies for the industry in a comprehensive manner.
Due to our growing needs, we are currently searching for outstanding Candidates for the position of
in Materials Science & Engineering Center
For our Materials Science & Engineering Center we are looking for an Investigator, preferably in the rank of an Associate Professor, with broad international contacts and proven scientific accomplishments in the field of polymers including biodegradable ones, as evidenced by publications in top their scientific journals and presentations at leading conferences as an invited speaker.
Ideal candidate should have the ability to formulate sound research hypotheses and to verify them through well-planned experiments. The researcher should be interested in finding solutions with realistic potential to be utilized in industrial applications, in the field of polymers. The candidate should be able to seamlessly transition from high-quality basic research, to commercially-oriented applied activities built on the results of his/her basic research.
Principle Investigator will responsible for leading a research team and implementation of innovative solutions to complex scientific challenges, conceptualizing and managing research projects and developing project proposals.
- Experience in polymers chemistry including synthesis, characterization and using of biodegradable polymers;
- Established record of successful project execution within R&D activities;
- Post-doc training (or other type of internship, e.g. scientific exchange) abroad in one of the leading research centers;
- Proven ability to raise funds from external sources, including international grants and/or funds from the industry;
- Experience in successfully conducting research in cooperation with other units, especially in scientific and scientific/industrial consortia;
- Experience in running own research group and managing projects and/or scientific consortia for at least 3 years and a strong inclination to interdisciplinary cooperation;
- Proven ability to convince others to innovating ideas, and to implement them effectively;
- Excellent command of the English language.
- • Familiarity with polymers characterization using physicochemical methods;
- • Experience in working with students (including PhD students).
- Full-time contract and a competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers;
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually;
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc;
- Start-up package – for setting up a research group;
- Annual research budget, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research;
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members;
- Administrative and organizational support;
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment;
- Co-financing for private medical care;
- Co-financing for a sports card;
- Possibility to join group life insurance;
- Co-financing under the Social Benefits Fund (for holidays and Christmas);
- Free parking space.
If you are interested, please apply via the link below:
Please attach your resume, letter of motivation and a list of publications.
Application deadline: 31.10.2023
Short-listed candidates will be invited for personal interview in the fall 2023.
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.