PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR (Bioinformatics / Data Science / Computational Biology) in Life Science & Biotechnology Center
Łukasiewicz – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development is a member of the Łukasiewicz Research Network which focuses on creating innovative solutions for science and industry. With high-class specialists and state-of-art infrastructure, we provide a supportive environment and a capacity for the applied research. Modern biomedical science is driven by big data analysis and integration to seek for new biomarkers and therapeutic strategies in various diseases. This progress gains increasing recognition as manifested by exponential support for initiatives focused on Digital Health and Personalized Medicine. Life Science and Biotechnology Center of Łukasiewicz – PORT aims to synergize the expertise of existing teams with original computational methods in biomedical data integration and artificial intelligence to create new solutions for civilization diseases.
We invite outstanding candidates to apply for a
Junior/Senior Principal Investigator
position (Junior-level appointments are expected for postdoctoral researchers wishing to establish their first independent research group) in our Life Science & Biotechnology Center (https://port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/rd/life-sciences-biotechnology-center/). The PI position is offered to scientists conducting internationally competitive and innovative research, who wish to establish a research group. The competition is open to scientists using computational approaches in biomedical research. Candidates should can demonstrate scientific excellence, leadership skills, and propose an ambitious research program focused on fundamental mechanisms of disease as applied to biomarker research, drug discovery or systems biology of cancer or brain disorders.
The ideal candidate will present a bold state-of-the-art research programme with potential for applications in molecular medicine and/or therapeutic biotechnology.
- Ph.D. and post-doctoral training in the broad area of biomolecular sciences, including, but not limited to areas such as oncology, neuroscience or systems biology;
- Several years of international research experience, evidenced by high-level scientific achievements in leading research centers;
- Experience in project management and supervision of junior researchers, demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills;
- Interdisciplinary training, international experience;
- Experience in raising extramural funds (e.g., grant applications, funds from the industry);
- Excellent command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in applied research and/or collaboration with the industry.
- Full-time contract and a competitive salary at the level of remuneration for research group leaders in leading international centers;
- Commensurate with experience 36 days of paid holidays annually;
- One-time relocation bonus, help in the relocation, residence permits, etc;
- Start-up package – for setting up a research group;
- Annual research budget, guaranteed for a minimum first 3 years of research;
- Laboratory and office space for the PI and the team members;
- Administrative and organizational support;
- Access to the state-of-the-art equipment in the Core Facility;
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary and international environment;
- Co-financing for private medical care;
- Co-financing for a sports card;
- Possibility to join group life insurance;
- Co-financing under the Social Benefits Fund (for holidays and Christmas);
- Free parking space.
If you are interested, please apply via the link below:
Please attach your resume, letter of motivation and a list of publications.
Application deadline: 14.07.2023
Short-listed candidates will be invited for personal interview in the fall 2023.
We kindly inform you that the controller of your personal data is Network Institute operating under the name of Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław, Poland. The data contained in job application will be processed for the purposes of the current recruitment process, and – if the consent is given – for the purposes of future recruitment. We kindly inform you about your right to access your data and correct it, as well as your right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time without the impact on the compliance with the law of the processing performed on the grounds of consent given before withdrawal thereof. Providing personal information is voluntary.
More information on the protection of personal data: https://port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl/en/career/data-protection/
Information about candidates applying for the above role is public information in the scope covered by the requirements specified in the recruitment announcement. Information on the result of the recruitment process, including the job position for which the recruitment was carried out, the name or names and surname of the selected candidate and his place of residence within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – Civil Code as well as the justification of the candidate’s selection or not employing any the candidate will be made public in accordance with the Act of February 21, 2019 on the Łukasiewicz Research Network.
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.