Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
Medical Diagnostic Laboratory Łukasiewicz – PORT deals with comprehensive diagnostics of SARS-CoV-2. It is possible thanks to the possessed infrastructure resources and qualified staff. In May 2020, it was entered into the national list of COVID-19 Laboratories kept by the Ministry of Health. We provide services to external commercial entities aa well as individual clients, we also have signed agreements for services in the field of SARS-CoV-2 diagnostics with the Lower Silesian Department of the National Health Fund. Our offer includes genetic (molecular) tests for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection performed by RT-PCR method. The three-gene test ensures 100% specificity, and a set of internal process and system controls ensures that the analysis process is fully monitored. It is possible to verify the correctness of material collection and RNA isolation, as well as to exclude or identify PCR disturbances. Our laboratory, participating in the verification of determinations carried out by NIZP-PZH, achieved complete tests results compliance. He also participates in external quality control tests, achieving correct results. The test results are interpreted according to the recommendations of national (PZH), European (ECDC) and global (WHO) public health organizations. We also perform antigen tests for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus that meet the highest quality criteria, thanks to which they have been included in the list of tests recognized by the European Committee for Health Safety, i.e. they are on the rapid antigen tests European common list and European mutual recognition list. Performing the test with the rapid antigen test from the above-mentioned lists allows you to use the Green Certificate – a document facilitating travel during a pandemic time. Comprehensive COVID-19 diagnostics is completed by a quantitative test, a multi-parameter test for the determination of anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the IgG class. The test allows the identification of full immunity: post-infection and post-vaccination, which is its great advantage. The test used in MLD Łukasiewicz PORT in one study provides the following information:
- Precisely identifies patients who have developed healing immunity after COVID-19.
- Specifically determines the level of anti-SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies which are the main antibodies indicative of vaccine immunity but also they produced after infection.
- Differentiates SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies from those generated in contact with other coronaviruses such as human NL63 or 229E coronaviruses, which are responsible for mild infections.
- Differentiates SARS-CoV-2 specific antibodies from those produced in contact with other highly infectious coronaviruses such as SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV.
High degree consistency achieved between the RBD neutralizing antibody results and the results obtained with the VNT virus neutralization test, considered an indicator of the “performance” of the antibodies, ensures that the performance of the test provides information if the concentration of detected antibodies is protective. Due to the harmonization with the International Standards WHO 20/136 and NIBSC, the COVID-19 test can be used to monitor antibody concentration after vaccination.
Price offers as well as promotional packages for all types of diagnostic services provided by MLD Łukasiewicz PORT are available at www.port.lukasiewicz.gov.pl in the Offer tab. Each of the results in our Laboratory is also available in English.
- Isolation of genetic material (viral RNA) based on the magnetic bead method.
- Detection of genetic material based on the RT-qPCR method (real-time polymerase chain reaction with reverse transcription).
Immunodiagnostic methods based on antygen-antibody reaction:
- Lateral flow immunochromatography method (membrane coated with specific antibodies) for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 virus N antigen).
- Immunoblot method for quantitative immunoenzymatic assesement of anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in IgG and IgM class based on the microblot technique (nitrocellulose membrane coated with viral proteins in a single well of a 96 well plate) with automatic digital quantitative results reading and individual standard curves analysis.
- Laminar cabinet – biosafety level II – Mars prod. Labogene – 6 pcs
- Thermal Cycler Quant Studio 6Pro Real-Time PCR System – 2 pcs.
- Dornier -LTF pipetting station – 1 pc.
- High-speed laboratory centrifuge , 12 000 rpm, prod. Eppendorf, model: 5810 R – 1 pc.
- Thermomixer prod. Eppendorf, model Thermomixer C – 12 pcs.
- Vortex shaker prod. IKA MS3 – 4 pcs.
- High-speed laboratory centrifuge 12 000 rpm with cooling function prod. Eppendorf, model: 5424R – 1 pc.
- High-speed laboratory minicentrifuge, prod. VWR – model Microstar – 2 pcs.
Infectious disease serology:
- Microblot ARRAY READER C-Serie with TestLine software
- Automatic ELISA plate washer – DIA3000
- Laboratory centrifuge , 12 000 rpm, prod. Eppendorf, model: 5810 R – 1 pc.
Medical Diagnostic Laboratory Łukasiewicz PORT actively participates in the Population Diagnostics Center research project.
Project title: “Assessment of the basic parameters of the humoral and cellular response in the course of immunization with various types of vaccines directed against SARS-CoV2” (abbreviation – Immunity Project).