Our Core Microbiology facility provides internal and external services to scientists and commercial entities. We offer a wide range of services: food and environmental microbiology, the analysis of antimicrobial activity, including anti-biofilm, drugs, and medical devices, and the production of bacterial cellulose. We have extensive experience in working with the use of normative methods as well as in creating non-standard research systems reflecting the client’s needs. We are part of the research complex of the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development with the most modern research equipment. Thanks to it, we can take up any microbiological challenge you set before us.
- The assessment of microorganism susceptibility in the planktonic form and biofilm to standard use and experimental antimicrobial means (antibiotics, antiseptics, peptides, plant derived active substances and synthetic ones) – with normative and experimental methods.
- Microbiological purity assessment of supplied samples (medicines, medical products, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food, environmental samples and others).
- Surface antimicrobial properties assessment.
- Surface colonization assessment.
- Preparation of samples for analysis and microorganism identification with the MALDI-TOF-MS method.
- Testing of microbiological sterility with the direct culture method acc. to FP.
- Assaying the number of microorganisms (bacteria and mycete) in samples.
- Assessment of microorganism drug susceptibility.
- Sample lyophilizing.
- Assessment of anti-biofilm effectiveness of active dressing, antiseptics and other products using the Biofilm Oriented Antiseptic Test (B.O.A.T.) method and Antibiofilm Dressing Activity Measurement (A.D.A.M.).
- Works with obligatory anaerobe microorganisms – selected assaying upon consulting the customer.
- Isolation and identification of pathogens and non-pathogenic microorganisms from food, environmental and other samples.
- Assessment of material ability to sequestration of pathogens.
- Laminar flow cabinets SCANLAF MARS
- PHYSIOLOGICAL CELL CULTURE WORK STATIONS INVIVO2 500 BAKER RUSKIN
- Incubation shakers HT Multitron PRO
- Centrifuge Eppendorf 5424R – 5820R
- ThermoMixers C Eppendorf
- Ultra-low temperature freezer (-80°C) Binder
- Incubators- including CO2 Binder incubators
- pH-meters, analysis weighing scales
- Spiral plater – Eddy Jet IUL
- MEDIAJET system